By Amy Rohu
French skincare brand Avène is renowned for its high-performing skincare, and its sun care range is no different.
Sun protection is the most important step in daily skin safety and Avène has a wide range of sun care with benefits, to complement all skin types. Their range includes a sports suncream, a city shield BB cream, body spray and children’s sun cream. They also have products that can cater to individual needs such as blemish prone skin or for people who want to tackle signs of ageing.
One of their latest editions, Avène Intense Protect 50+ (€22.50) offers an ultra-light texture and an invisible finish. It is also suitable for everyone, including babies from 6 months of age, children and pregnant women.
Dr Laura Lenihan, Avène’s suncare ambassador shares her top-tips for getting the most out of your sun cream this summer.
- Even if you don’t go outside you still need sun protection, as UV rays penetrate glass and clouds.
- Using a makeup brush can be a nice way to apply your sun cream and is especially effective for children.
- For your face, you need two finger lengths of sun protection and don’t forget your neck too.
- Your makeup isn’t enough to protect your skin, even if your foundation has SPF. We don’t use enough for it to be the right amount of protection.
- Apply your sun protection everyday as the final step in your skincare regime.
Dublin Gazette Newspapers – Ireland News, Sport and Lifestyle